Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tales of the kidney donor

This won't be a long post, because I still haven't donated my kidney yet.
But, I thought I would update everyone. All three of my followers. HA!
September 18th, I go in for some more blood work. If everything looks good, they are talking about having the surgery two weeks later. So feasibly, I could be spending my 30th birthday in the hospital.
Now, I have no problem spending my 30th in the hospital, and I'll tell you why. I told the recipient's wife, "I could get no greater present on my birthday than to give your husband a kidney." And I mean it.
Darrel, the recipient, is a good man, a good father, a good husband. It's the least I can do to help him continue doing those things. Sometimes it seems the world has precious few.
So, despite all the inconvenience, I am committed to see this through.
I will keep everyone posted as the surgery nears. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. We'll come throw you a birthday party in the hospital. :)

    ReplyDelete